Thursday, August 9, 2007

Rilo Kiley

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"SILVER LINING" FROM UNDER THE BLACK LIGHT

When people talk about Rilo Kiley, they tend to mention that singer Jenny Lewis starred in The Wizard and guitarist Blake Sennett played Ronnie Pinsky on Salute Your Shorts. I suppose now I am no different. But hey, I love Camp Anawanna.

Anyway, Rilo Kiley has a new album, Under the Black Light. As much as I love
Camp Anawanna and everything about it, I like Rilo Kiley even more. Lewis has a fantastic set of vocal chords and Sennett knows how to construct a catchy hook.

Check out "Silver Lining," posted in the comments, and you'll see what I mean. It really showcases Lewis' singing and Sennett's ability to craft a riff around vocals. Sennett isn't some kind of virtuoso but he does a great job crafting memorable licks that don't push the vocals to the background.

Under the Black Light comes out on Aug. 20. You should buy it. I know I am. Check out the band's Myspace page to hear lead single "The Moneymaker," a funky swinger that may or may not be about butts. It probably isn't, though.

1 comment:

Danny K said...

Dig on "Silver Lining" here.